Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sigma DP2M Love

I have been using my Sigma DP2M periodically along with other cameras. Here are a few shots. Yeah, lots of dog stuff. Anyway, I am getting to know the camera and find it is one of my favorites. Mind you, I didn't say one of the easiest to use. LOL! I don't care about that as much as most people.

 I recently picked up a Polaroid SX 70 camera, having owned one just like it years ago. I know how to use it. It's easy. I purchased some film packs from The Impossible Project and the film is very quirky. The SX 70 camera is easy to focus with its rangefinder, but the film is very fickle. There are necessary steps in how to hold this camera, how to focus, and then you have to think about the films that are being used and if they need to be shielded from the light coming out of the camera or dialed in on the camera to get the correct exposure. It doesn't always work. It's always a surprise. Lots of steps. I still love it. 

It's the same with the Sigma. It's quirky, but I love it. Lots of steps to get it right. I know a lot of Sigma DP users who don't work much on their files. They tend to get them perfect. I tend to work on mine as I haven't gotten it to the point where out of camera shots are perfect to me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, or maybe I just don't know how to use the Sigma Photo Pro software as well as the next person. If any Sigma DP users out there read this, please feel free to give me some tips on how to use the Sigma Photo software. Also, what program do you all use once you get the TIFs the way you like them in SPP? I use Adobe Photoshop CS 5.1 right now. I hear there are better alternatives out there. If so, what are they? I am getting pretty good results, but I know I can do better with the right combination and the best settings on the camera as well. It's a learning curve. 

Ozzy relaxing on the astro turf.

Joe's Real BBQ Restaurant in Downtown Gilbert.

Various dog shots that are extra below from my Ozzy project.





Bathroom tile. Reminds me of Spain. I don't know why. I've never been to Spain. 

More Ozzy Extras from my project.




Bathroom wall

Bookstore. Guess which section?

Vanya is my sister's Miniature Schnauzer dog. 

Backyard at my sister's place.

Sue & Vanya




My Office with Ozzy

Liberty Market Restaurant in Downtown Gilbert.

Romeo's Euro Cafe in Downtown Gilbert.

Ozzy's Paw

Sister's backyard

Joe's Real BBQ

Ozzy Extra Project Shots



















Joe's Real BBQ


Decay


Stairwell

Ozzy project shots





1 comment:

  1. Hey, I can’t find an email address. Can you email me so I can ask a question?
    –Shaye
    shayewalsh1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete