Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back to Leica D-Lux 4

Okay, so the Fuji is a lovely camera. Why did I sell it? Because the AF drove me mad. Love the JPEG files coming out of the camera. Hate the slow and missing AF. Ugh! Fuji! Why?

So, I am back to using my little Leica D-Lux 4 and Sony NEX 5 while I figure out what to do next. Love the Fuji X series concept. Love the lenses. Hate the AF. Fix it, Fuji. Seriously. Between that and the annoying RAW conversion issues. I just want to scream.

Sony NEX 5 is a screaming fast camera next to it. Kind of scary, huh? I am waiting for Fuji to get its head out of its ass. Still waiting. C'mon, Fuji!

Meanwhile, back to this being a Leica Blog. LOL!



4 comments:

  1. what about the fuji x100s coming out? im sure that would solve any AF issues :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Don't think I haven't thought about the Fuji X100s or Fuji X20. I don't really want a fixed lens camera though. I know the sensor is smaller on the Fuji X20, but I am leaning towards that as an all-around carry everywhere camera. Thought the Leica D-Lux 4 is that, along with the Sony right now. I don't like the ergonomics of the Sony, but I do like the sensor. The Fuji design is more to my liking, but their AF is terrible.

      Delete
  2. Hello. There seem to be a few cameras about to arrive on the market that you might like too. Maybe for the 'carry anywhere' camera, the new Ricoh GR would work? APS-C sensor, though fixed lens @28 mm but I think has a 'zoom' 35mm fov too. Smaller /lighter than the X20. - Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw the new Ricoh. Looks like a nice camera, though their quality control is not the best. I know someone who swears by their cameras for the pictures, but all of his cameras broke before their time. He wants the new Ricoh GR, but wonders again about the quality in long term use.

      Delete