Friday, November 25, 2011

Leica D-Lux 4 Love







Below are pictures from the project for the third year.



I've started a third year of taking pictures of my dog Ozzy, and here are a few shots taken with the Leica D-Lux 4 camera. Some are extras. More and more people are moving onto bigger and better sensor cameras. I know I have the Sony NEX 5 which has the lovely APS-C sensor in it. Still, I love the little D-Lux 4, and don't want to give it up. I love shooting in square format and black and white; either converting afterwards in Photoshop or in the camera using the settings. Yeah, I know the sensor is small on this camera. I still love the lovely lens and the camera has always delivered beautiful photos in manual, (when I take my time), and in Auto mode, (when I'm lazy and just shooting for fun when i'm out and about during the day.) So, yes, I have the Sony, but the lenses are not as fast or sharp. The little Leica D-Lux 4 is still my little gem that everyone has seemed to abandon for the newer cameras. I almost got sucked into the D-Lux 5 updated version, but glad I held out. The rendering of files look like shit with the D-Lux 5, in my opinion. I see how crazy the prices have gone up on this camera too. I guess people are starting to realize that bigger isn't necessarily better. For some, this camera is just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment