Thursday, November 11, 2010

LFI Featured Photographers

I emailed a LFI featured photographer about his opinion on the Leica M9 as I'm on the fence about getting one. I've been on the fence for a while due to all of the sensor, dust and focusing problems. I basically asked Johannes Barthelmes through a simple email. I appreciate his answering me quickly and honestly. He is a Leica M9 fan. His work is absolutely beautiful. He is featured in the November 2010 issue. This is what he had to say:

"Dear Elaine,

thank you for your friendly words !

I love the M9, it is in my opinion the best camera for my kind of work. After ISO 800 it is not the best, but most of my work is ISO 100 - 400 with film or ISO 320 digital, so this is not a problem to me.

I like both ways, digital and film. I prefere the film-look, but i work on the digital file to got an film touch.
On some of my pics even i can not see if it came out of my M7 or my M9.
Last months i work more with my M9 than with my M7...
The DNG (RAW) of the leica and the prints on paper look always much more charming than all the others i know.
I am too working with a Mamiya 645 PRO TL, a Hasselblad 501 CM, sometimes with an CANON EOS 5D, but really comfortable and satisfied with the result of digital cameras i'm only with leica M9 and with my older leica M8-pics...
The M8 was too circuitously with the filters and so on and 10 MP had not been enough in some cases...

Jazz-music and photography are in a certain way very closed...

Have a wonderful time,
best regards,
Johannes"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also asked Daniel Josefsohn what he used for equipment since using the Leica S2 was his first digital camera. He stated:



"...i´m on a job in Ethiopia, africa right now >>> so my mail will be short.... internet suck here !!
i used 2 Fuji GA 645 ZI  ( and love them still )

all the best 
daniel"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I loved Daniel's S2 stuff. He is also in the November 2010 issue of LFI magazine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment