Friday, September 17, 2010

Leica D-Lux 4: More Ozzy

The one thing I love about the little Leica D-Lux 4 is that I can shoot wide-angle. I can certainly do that if I change the lens on my D90, but it's so much easier to use the little camera, though at high ISO the quality isn't as nice as the Nikon. Still, I love using the D-Lux 4 for its fun factor. The only thing it's missing is the optical viewfinder, and as I get older my eyes don't quite see things close-up without glasses anymore. It's hard to see the little red light in the meter that shows I'm close to center. All of you older, blinder folks will understand what I'm saying. LOL! If you still have perfect eye sight, then good for you. I don't! LOL! I count on the AF, which is quite nice. I actually like it better than the Nikon D90 at times. It's faster in shutter response than my Canon G9. My biggest complaint about the G9 is the slow shutter lag. This Leica doesn't seem to have it like other cameras. Well, at least I haven't noticed it. It's not as fast as the D90, but much faster than some P&S cameras I've owned. I've seen some lovely files come out of this camera by other people who own it. I'm photographing my dog mostly right now due to the 365 project. That project will be coming to an end soon. Then it's off to do another project. I look forward to photographing stationary objects. LOL!



You can keep track of my Ozzy project HERE on Flickr or HERE on ZENDOG Blog. I alos have the first 365 days of this project on 365Project Website.




Today's 365 project picture.

Light Bulb Head

Wide-Angle Close. Ozzy doesn't like the camera one inch away from him LOL!

60 Watt Bulb

Ozzy stretching. Notice the paws.
Another distorted wide-angle shot. I don't know why these types of shots amuse me, but they do. The more distorted, the better.

Ozzy with junkie background. LOL!

Lie Down!

He looks guilty.

Sunny Day

Favoring the leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment