Monday, August 9, 2010

Leica D-Lux 4: On the Trail


I brought the Leica D-Lux 4 out on the hiking trails in Granby, Connecticut. The camera was small enough to fit in my little fanny pack. The only annoyance I found is that damn string attached to the lens cap. That's coming off the camera today. I don't mind carrying a lens cap as I take pictures. I'm so used to doing that with a D-SLR/SLR camera. Due to the humidity, I did notice some condensation inside the lens. It was very humid out that day.

The camera performed flawlessly. I do wish it had an optical viewfinder. I had a tough time seeing the screen sometimes. I know I can get the external viewfinder for this camera, but don't know that it's worth spending a lot of cash for it. (I hear it's expensive.) I'll deal with the LCD in order to save my cash. Thanks.

The camera produced some lovely files, despite my fumbling around in manual mode. LOL! The M8.2 would have done better, but the size convenience factor of the D-Lux 4 made it the better choice on hike during this hot & muggy weather. Now, if this were Fall, I'd have brought the M8.2 camera.

My favorite shot of the day.
Reflection on the water.
The brook. I've never been on this part of the trail. I will be coming back here again.
This was just amazing to look at. Very surreal.
Inside the shack on the trail. Kind of creepy. I used the flash on this photo. Leica flash seemed kind of weak. I will have to try it out again, but at night. I'm not a fan of camera flash. I don't know much about flash photography.
Barbara's feet. Notice the paw prints? Someone's dog just swam here and we missed it.
Lily Pads.

Barbara on the bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment