Monday, July 26, 2010

Leica M8.2: Dog Photos


Ozzy has been my main subject while using the Leica M8.2. I use a 35mm Summicron lens but have a 50mm Summicron (older) lens that i'd like to try. With the 1.3 crop factor, the 50mm lens will be a 65mm lens. I may be able to fill the frame with that lens. Ozzy is a small dog and the 35mm lens isn't enough to fill the frame. I can only get so close with it. The longer the focal length, the closer I can get. Still, these pictures are pretty close. All I need is to get a more interesting background an incorporate Ozzy into the scene.

The Leica M8.2 really shines with street, landscape and travel photography. (Not necessarily in that order. I would say landscape is the best subject for this camera.) I'm not an expert, just someone plugging along learning the rangefinder way of doing photography. I plan on taking the rangefinder out for one day and just using it on buildings and landscape. I would like to use a tripod though, as I would yield sharper results.
Ozzy in a zen state of mind
Using the Leica M8.2 indoors isn't too bad as I had enough light to keep the ISO low to avoid too much noise in the files.

No comments:

Post a Comment