Thursday, July 22, 2010

Leica M8.2: Focus


Every time I use the leica M8.2 camera and try to focus on my dog, I get this look from Ozzy! LOL! I seriously suck at the focus part of this camera. I'm over 40 and my eyes are just not the same as they were back when I could focus a friggin' Olympus XA camera. We all know how hard those cameras were to line up the focus! Geez!

Ozzy on Bed

I tried both the Nikon D90 and the Leica M8.2 today. I liked the picture I took with the Leica better. I just got lucky. I'm trying to warm up to photographing dogs with this camera. Even though it is tougher to use than an AF Nikon camera. I do use the Nikon on all manual, except the focus. So, here is today's photo of Ozzy taken with the Leica M8.2. Could have easily been taken with a Canon G9, the canon Sd800, the Nikon D90 or a plastic Holga. LOL! Honestly, I'm not a pro, so the fact that I get sharp photos with this camera amazes me due to how my eyesight has been these last few years. Any camera would be okay to use I'm finding these days. There is no magic camera. Well, there is one, but it's a film camera. LOL! In the digital world, the files are flatter looking to me. Some digital cameras are better than others, but if I'm not blowing this picture up past 16X20 or 20X24, who cares? If I can get a decent 11X14 or 8X10 with it, then that's good for me. I will use any after market program to eek out a bit more quality in the file too! trust that! It's called a digital darkroom, people! Wink. Wink. So, focusing is a breeze if you have your eyesight, and not so fun if you don't. I come from the days of all manual cameras and film, so I live with it. Most people don't complain as much as I do about focusing a Leica. I'm a big baby, I guess. I hate getting old.

At this point in my life, I would even embrace an improved Leica X1 camera. It has AF! I love AF on a camera. Everything else can be manual. I need AF nowadays! Leica, come out with a X2 and I'll be all over that camera. Even if the IQ wouldn't be as good as the M8, M8.2 or M9, screw it. I can't see anyway. Hahahaha!

2 comments:

  1. I have a little black dog named ozzy too!! he's a little schipperke, and I love photographing him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I agree. Our pets are fun to photograph.

    ReplyDelete