Monday, July 26, 2010

Leica D-Lux 4 Pictures of Ozzy Indoors


Using the Leica D-Lux 4 indoors at ISO 400, I noticed that the files is useable, but if blown up, is a bit noisy. It's not as noisy as my Canon G9 or Canon SD800, but the smaller cameras just have a tough time keeping the quality like the Nikon D90 and Leica M8.2 do. Still, the D-Lux is a blast to use. I love the wide-angle lens, and though it can't zoom long, I don't care. I love the different size ratios, especially the square format, which I've mentioned before. the D-Lux is a great all around, carry everywhere type of camera. The best ISO to keep it at is ISO 80, which I'm sure most photographers know this already. Comparing it to the Leica M8.2 files, I notice the loss in quality right away. Of course there would be loss, but it's quite a noticeable loss. The difference in price between the cameras is also noticeable. LOL! Let's face it. Most people won't spend that kind of cash on a camera. Only obsessive fanatics like me would do that. I'm sure that the few people who read this blog are sick of seeing my dog Ozzy all the time, so I will make every effort to venture out of my usual 365 day project of my dog, and photograph other subjects. I know that Panasonic came out with an improved version of this camera, and that Leica won't be far behind. I'm so happy I got this camera when I did. It can't be found anywhere these days. It's a little gem. I wonder how much improved the new D-Lux will be?

All shot at ISO 400
There is a bit of noise in this yawning shot.


Even though his face is a bit of a blur, I love the expression and had to keep this shot. Chronicling my dog on a daily basis, there's bound to be quite a few extra shots of him. I have the 365 day project, but the extras are sometimes just as good, if not better than the ones chosen for the project. One of these days, Ozzy will have his own book. I can feel it in my bones. He is becoming more known on the various blogs I show my work, and he has quite the following. Some people wait each day to see what the next picture of Ozzy will be. I've had people state that it's cheered them up at work too. That makes me happy.
Ozzy went to the Vet today for his yearly check-up and shots. Many shots later, and a diagnosis that Ozzy needs knee surgery, made both of us tired. Time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment