Saturday, June 12, 2010

Leica D-Lux 4: Scott & Kids Visit


When Dominic's son came to visit us with his kids from Arizona, I figured I'd try to get a few pictures with this little Leica camera. I'm still learning the features on it. I know that some of these may be blurry due to me forgetting to increase the ISO indoors. Oh well. Live and learn.
Princess Gracie and her brother John at the swing.


Diane & Dominic

Devin

Three tall teenagers. All past 6 feet tall. Devin (middle) is 6'5" tall and only 15 years old!



Scott with his younger kids, the ones under six feet tall!

Gracie loves the swing!



From left to right are Jacob, Devin, Matthew, and Scott.


They are all tall except for John in front. Give him a few years.














Some of the shots I took using the 16:9 ratio format.








Gracie, Ozzy & John



Family Room


Diane & Gracie


Devin playing my Fender Strat. He is very good at playing guitar and bass. He's only just started playing too.



I tried to photograph John below, but he was such a jumping bean. Me, being a dummy, forgot to change the ISO, and I believe it was on ISO 80 when I took these. Many photos came out blurry due to this. I didn't make the connection until it was too late. Duh!




I'm still learning the Leica D-Lux 4. The metering is a bit on the underexposed side compared to the Leica M8.2. I lost a lot of shots due to that as well. I'd look at the LCD screen thinking I nailed the lighting, only to upload to my computer and find that they were sorely underexposed. I don't know if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me or if it's the Leica metering. Only another Leica D-Lux 4 user can tell me if they had this same problem. If you're reading this and own or have owned this camera, please give me a heads-up about what your metering experience was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment