Monday, June 14, 2010

Leica D-Lux 4: Garage Band


I took a few photos of Alex playing guitar and Devin playing bass. They were in the garage, and there's a lot of crap in the background. Sometimes you just have to take the picture regardless. I just wanted a few photos of them in the moment. Unfortunately, that moment had lots of debris in the background. LOL! I could have blurred the background, but I figured it wouldn't look natural. I used a Leica D-Lux 4 in standard color mode. I used flash in one shot of Devin playing bass.





4 comments:

  1. Do you know how can I shoot a clear subject but with a blurred background using a Leica D-Lux 4?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. You would have to place the subject far away enough from that background and shoot the D-Lux at F/2.0 at the widest setting or F/2.8 at the zoom setting. The widest setting is 2.0 and if the subject isn't far enough away from the background, there will still be sharpness.

    The other way is through Photoshop. You would make a duplicate layer and blur out the background. Then use the history brush to paint back in the sharpness.

    One more way: Use Alien Skin software. They have a specific program just for blurring out the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. May I know as to where I should put the dial (SCN, A, P, S, M, etc) on top of the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would set it to "M" for manual, then set the F stop and shutter speed using the dials. Set according to what the meter reads. If you look at the meter, set it in the middle. So, F Stop 2.0 at wide angle, and choose a shutter speed. Read the manual if it gets confusing.

    ReplyDelete