Friday, May 21, 2010

More Old Film for M6


Yes. I know the film looks grainy and old. The Ilford I shot was pushed two stops from ISO 400 to ISO 1600, and it's from 2006! I didn't care. I wanted to see what came out. These were taken on May 14th at a birthday party. I love the pictures of Dominic Sr. He just turned 89 years old. Happy Birthday! I tried to get his wife Eleanor in there, but she closed her eyes, so no picture. The house was so dark, I'm surprised anything registered on this old film anyhow. I find it funny that these pictures came out like this. They remind me of the 1960s or 1970s. Or maybe that's just me? At any rate, I'm glad I had these developed. I did notice a scratch along the negative. Not sure if it's from the Photo place or from my camera. I used the Leica M6 with a 50mm Summicron lens. Thankfully, this was the last (or next to last) roll of old film I have in my cabinet. I bought new film, some Reala, Portra 160C and Ilford XP2 400 film.

The best quality shot is this one of Devin



Dominic Sr turns 89 years old
(One of my favorite shots)

Doug and his son Danny


My favorite shot


Diane & Dominic


Diane and her father Dominic Sr


Devin and Diane


Mickey


At the table


Tim & Devin


Tim


Devin & Diane


Diane & Kirsten


Diane, Alex & Kirsten


Dominic has a lovely smile


Diane and Dominic Sr


Devin & Aleisha


Deb & Doug


Danny & Diane


Alex & Kirsten



Alex





Aleisha & Debbie


So, the results are very grainy and cruddy. Guess what? I still like them. I hate to waste film, but I did throw out all of that old 2005 Kodak Gold 200 stock. There was no saving it. The one roll I ran through was so terrible, I knew there wasn't any chance the others would yield any better results. This Ilford was a year older, but I still got some keepers. Not many, but considering the age and the 2 stops push, I'm glad SOMETHING came out. I know that Leica fans don't use flash on their cameras, but I sure could have used one that day. Using film indoors can be a pain without a flash. If I had ISO 1600 or 3200 film, it wouldn't be an issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment