Sunday, February 21, 2010

This Is Harder Than I Thought








I went to the Dog Park in a nearby town, and I brought the Leica M8.2 with me. Let me just say that it was difficult to focus this camera on moving subjects. I was disheartened. I used to be a lot better with my all manual 35mm film cameras back in the day. (We're talkin' back in 1976!)

Now I'm just an older woman with eyesight issues, who wished she brought her D-SLR to the park. I really want to capture the scene, and if Henri Cartier Bresson was there, he'd have no problem focusing quickly with his slew of Leica gear. Hell, even dead, Henri could have done a better job. I'm ashamed. It made me want to go running back to Nikon. I was on the fence about a Nikon D700, and I certainly wish I had use of that camera today, just for the AF alone! It sucks getting older and having to deal with eye sight issues.

Anyway, I'm trying to lick my wounds and get on with it. All of the shots I did today sucked. I'll put up a few anyway, just to give you a sense of how much I suck! LOL! I think I would have lasted a bit longer at the park if I brought my gloves and a hat. Seriously, I'm not happy about how much I have to re-learn. I think it's more of the rangefinder focusing that my eyes couldn't get today. I know! I should have slowed it down and pointed the camera at one spot in the park to grab a shot of a dog that walked into my range, but I wasn't prepared to be frozen cold. (Supposed to be in the 40's, but the wind kicked in and it was bitter out there!)

I went to my local health food store afterwards and took one shot indoors. That sucked too. I'm not inspired today. It's windy and cold outside. Here are the few shots I took. Sorry they suck so bad. Until next time when I improve. :)

From Bottom to Top:

1. Dandie Dinmont Terrier chasing Shepherd Puppy
2. Sun Beams hitting the park in late afternoon.
3. Older Lab had an interest in me and kept wandering by, as I missed almost every shot. LOL!
4. I photographed the reflections of trees in the huge puddle in the parking lot.
5. Health Food Store has Organic Pasta Sauce on sale. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. While I am not a Leica owner (yet), I feel your pain. I've been using an Oly EP2 with slow AF, and it's hard to take photos of fast moving subjects. So I've had to use zone focusing and prefocusing and then anticipate the subject's movement. It does make me wonder how people use to shoot manually on film and still get great results of moving subjects. Did they waste a lot of film to get one good shot? Hmmm ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning, or shall I say re-learning about Zone Focusing. I used to be one of those people who could get great action shots with a manual camera. The invention of auto focus changed all of that. Now, I have to begin again. LOL!

    ReplyDelete